DIY RTV cabinet in scandinavian style/ DIY szafka RTV



DIY RTV cabinet - Kalamondin Design
Welcome at our DIY blog Kalamondin Design!
 For a long time, I was thinking about new RTV cabinet. We had old wenge color cabinet which was too big for our guest room after renovation, and wenge color was too dark. I had few concepts od DIY cabinet and the final one is totally different that was at the beginning. I'm looking for an inspiration on Pinterest and I found the project similar to my cabinet. It is simple and for me very good looking. I think that this is Scandinavian style, but if you know better please comment.

Elements of the base of cabinet - Kalamondin Design
I start this DIY project by buying legs on Leroy Merlin and one pine shelf 120x40x1,8cm. I used two boards to stabilize all of the construction and I put the legs on it. Then I used screws to connect legs on boards with shelf. 
Boards - Kalamondin Design

Whole for leg screw - Kalamondin Design

Tap for lew screw - Kalamondin Design

Cabinet base - Kalamondin Design

This is the base of my cabinet.

Whole for screw - Kalamondin

Wood for the shelves - Kalamondin Design

And this was the half of work. Now I had to measure the  RTV stuff and make the squares. 
I was making it of 180x30x1,8cm boards. Every one was made straight for my stuff so I will not give to you any size. As you know Kalamondin Design od a DIY blog made because of the situation, that there is a lot of things that we can't buy. This is the perfect example of the project that you may DIY and specialized for your needs. 

The shelf - Kalamondin Design

The shelf - Kalamondin Design

During making squares please remember, that you need to take few cm more than your stuff.

DIY RTV cabinet - Kalamondin Design

As you may see I got a lot of cables. Probably you got the same problem:) Before I had masking strip but this time I didn't want to use it. I wanted to make as many squares I need and then I will decide how I can mask the cables. I have soundbar so I was thinking about hanging it on the walk so it would be kind of masking Streep.

DIY RTV cabinet - Kalamondin Design

DIY RTV cabinet - Kalamondin Design

The shelf - Kalamondin Design


DIY RTV cabinet - Kalamondin Design

All of the squares I did was ready but the cables are still visible. You may see the bottom square green colors. I gave to my daughter sheet of paper, green paint and she made it for me. Upper square has yellow back. But the center of the cabinet is too visible to use this kind of thing. I had some rest of board so I made it of wood. We have a lot of turquoises decorations and one wall so I wanted to do something with similar color.  

Rear of the cabinet
At the beginning, I painted wood by the white mordant.

Rear of the cabinet
Then I used painting tape to make the template and I used blue paint.

Rear of the cabinet
The final version of my DIY RTV cabinet 😁 I am very happy with the result. Maybe squares are not perfect, but I made them by myself. I'm thinking about paint few squares by some light colors like white, maybe grey, what do you think?

DIY RTV cabinet - Kalamondin Design

DIY RTV cabinet - Kalamondin Design

DIY RTV cabinet - Kalamondin Design

DIY RTV cabinet - Kalamondin Design
To be honest I was making it for about 7 hours. The longest process is to make squares and wait until glue will be dry. If you ain't got a lot of crushes you will do it longer.

I think that this is very nice and simple DIY project. You may personalize it and paint how do you want. Sky is the limit 😉

This form of squares furniture is very nice for me and I think that this is not the last thing I made. The Scandinavian style is also very clean and simple and I think that our flat will be going in this way.

If you like it please share with your friends and of course if you will try this idea please send to me your final effect. It was a pleasure to have you on my DIY blog Kalamondin Design!

Have nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to here what you think!